I’ve never tried to hide my tendency toward procrastination; in fact, I’ve always enjoyed it, and use it shamelessly. I discovered a long time ago that I do my best work when I’m pushed for time…. the sense of mild panic that goes along with it has never been welcome, but it does keep one focused when needed….
In this particular case, I’ve been procrastinating dealing with two awards, both of which were bestowed upon my unsuspecting, and unworthy, head by Maarit, whose wonderful blog, History of the Ancient World, is one of my favorites, except on those days when she posts in Finnish (a language I’ve yet to learn….)….. even then, the photos and pictures she includes make it worthwhile to view…. One of these days, I’ll figure out how to translate it; there’s probably a way to do that….probably right on her site, but I’m not quite enough of a geek to figure it out…. yet… 🙂
So, I’m dutifully, humbly, and sincerely thanking Maarit, for nominating me for my second Very Inspiring Blog Award, and for nominating me for the Reader Appreciation Award, as so cheerfully and elegantly demonstrated by their logos, just above….
You can find Maarit’s blog here: http://historyoftheancientworld.wordpress.com/author/historyoftheancientworld/
One of the rules for these awards is for the recipient (me) to reveal seven to fifteen things about themselves; seven for one award, fifteen for the other…. Since I’m not going to reveal 22 things, we’ll compromise the two, and go with 11…. Plus, I can’t find the originals, so I’m answering my own questions……So, here are 11 things you may or may not have known about gigoid….
1) I consider Shakespeare the most over-rated author in history….. let’s talk….
2) I believe the greatest threat to Mankind’s future is the very scary reality of global warming, and its cause, to wit: our own species’ deliberate ignorance and the overt societal tendency to allow avarice and greed to exist without consequence.
3) True freedom is the release from pain…. to this I can testify….
4) My personal goal is to write just one line that will be remembered forever…. more than one would be nice, but, let’s get real…. I’ll settle for one….
5) Honor, loyalty to friends, compassion for the vulnerable, and truth are the values I choose to give meaning to my life. Everything else we do is just spending time….
6) I am my own greatest source of humor….
7) Dogs, cats, and all of their wild, undomesticated cousins are the best teachers of morality on this planet. We humans could do no better than to follow their example of how to live in harmony with themselves, and with the planet at large. <— Note the period….
8) I find the men, and even some perverted women, who engage in the traffic in human beings, of all varieties, to be the scum of the earth; any man or woman found to be willingly involved in any part of this plague of evil deserves nothing more than an instant death. I would prefer that they suffer for a long, terrifying time before dying, to let them know a small portion of the terror they give to their victims, but I would settle for them just dying. None of us can consider ourselves to be truly free, until we have freed our sisters and brothers from this scourge….
9) I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. (I believe this implicitly….)
10) My greatest joy in life consists of knowing my son and daughter are living lives of honor and purpose, self-chosen….. What man could ask for more than that?….
11) My not-so-secret inner desire is to be able to travel to all those places in the world I’ve always wanted to see, sometime before I check out of this hotel for the last time…. or at least for this time. Reincarnation has some attractive points to it, doesn’t it?…..
Okay, now you know more about me.. now you can learn about some pretty fine others, all of whom have a blog here on WordPress….
The awards also call for nominating other bloggers for the award… going with the same compromise breakdown, here are 11 of my favorite blogs, all of whom richly deserve the honor. I hope they will accept, without the usual request to make sure to post the awards….. doing so can take up a lot of time, and in my case, has to take the place of a daily Pearl, as I am limited in how long I can sit…. but any who… here are 11 blogs that you should definitely check out… they’re all worth it….
I could fairly easily fill in the rest of the originally called-for 22 blogs, but I’m a curmudgeon, and I have to keep up my standards…. all of the other blogs I could add are all worth reading as well (otherwise, I wouldn’t be following them…. ); however, enough is enough…. I’ve already pulled enough covers in my confessional above…. 🙂
There you have it ffolkes… I have fulfilled my duty, as best I could, so now it is someone else’s turn at bat…. A regular Pearl will be forthcoming tomorrow morning, per usual…. in the meantime, Y’all take care out there, and May the Metaphorse be with you……
Sometimes I sits and thinks,
I just sits.