On my morning post today, I acknowledged and thanked three excellent bloggers for nominating me for two awards, and one Tag, You’re It…..Here they are…
Tag, I’m It…. Linda Vernon, whose blog is located at http://lindavernonhumor.wordpress.com is a warm, funny, and very versatile blogger from England, who writes often about her husband, 37, her brain, Peanuts, and her understandably irrational fear of the Pottery Barn.
greatpoetrymhf, a very refined poet from Canada, has her primary blog at http://greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com She writes excellent poetry with a positive outlook, and reblogs a lot of good stuff from other folks.
Dolly is dentist who lives in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. She is one of the most versatile and expert bloggers and graphic artists I know of. Her posts are always a treat, and you never know what you’ll find there. She also runs a multiple player Art Game very popular with graphic artists, who create some outrageous images using photo-editing software expertly. Her blog is found at http://allaboutlemon.wordpress.com
Okay, getting tagged, and receiving nominations requires that one share things about themselves; each calls for a different number, so I’ve averaged the three (in my head, so who knows how accurately, but, also, who cares?) and here are 10 things about me….
1) I am a closet romantic…. I cry at Hallmark commercials, especially if it has puppies….
2) In my life, I have been… a chef, a dishwasher, a father, a husband, a son, a brother, a psychiatric technician, a truck driver, a garbage collector, a 4 sport athlete (basket-, base-, and football, and martial arts), a scholar (high school valedictorian, 1968), a fool (join the club, right?), a musician (guitar & voice), a hippie (not over that one yet), an urban warrior, a bad poet, and a freelance writer….I’m not done yet; I insist on learning something new every day…
3) I love to travel; my next destination goal is Ireland, hopefully later this year.
4) My favorite adult beverage: a good bourbon, straight up with a cola chaser.
5) I am a firm believer that “Politics is poopadoodle.”
6) If I were God, I’d be really pissed about how I’ve been portrayed by ignorant humans, especially conservative politicians.
7) I’m not just a chef; I’m also a gourmand, and know more about wines than is probably healthy.
8) The best job I’ve ever had: father of Cory and Kelly, my son and daughter, who are now grown and living their lives well. If there is anything in this world I’ve done to be proud of, they are the proof.
9) I still enjoy watching Sesame Street.
10) I seek Truth, in all its wondrous forms.
11) One extra: After 61 years of life, I still love every minute, even when I’m depressed. My dark moments just make the rest all the sweeter.
Well, that’s enough about me….here are 12 blogs I’m Tagging…. you are It!
1) Jerry Doby’s blog, The Urban Link; Jerry is a public relations guru specializing in rap, hip hop, and modern culture in his well written blogs at http://jdobypr.wordpress.com
2) Maggie Mae, in my opinion, one of the best free verse poetess’ I’ve ever encountered, bar none; she never fails to amaze me with the power of her verse, and her unique vision. Her blog is at http://maggiemaeijustsaythis.wordpress.com
3) MesAyah, a young rapper and composer, who writes all his own lyrics, and composes the music as well. His site is at http://mesayah.wordpress.com
4) Robotic Rhetoric is a young man with a unique sense of humor and an engaging writing style. He posts his work at http://roboticrhetoric.wordpress.com
5) Carolyn Page, aka abcofspiritalk, is an inspirational writer from Australia; she also is heavily into ballroom dancing. Her page is at http://abcofspiritalk.wordpress.com
6) Rohit is a fellow polymath, a seeker like myself, who lives in India, I believe. His site is at http://quest4knowledge.wordpress.com
7) Scott Mitchell is a young poet who writes some of the most evocative poems I’ve ever seen. You can find him at http://fromscott.wordpress.com
8) Ajay Ohri, who works with computers and writes simple, very personal, sometimes painfully honest poems about his current life. His site is located at http://decisionstats.com
9) knowthesphere is a young, very erudite truthseeker, who shows amazing understanding and depth of spirit in his blog at http://knowthesphere.wordpress.com
10) Manipal’s blog, 7thHeaven, is a photo blog with accompanying quotes from a wide variety of sources. His blog is located at http://manipalsphotoblog.wordpress.com
11) ecofinanalysis is a young poet, specializing in but not limited to Haiku. Her blog can be found at http://ecofinanalysis.wordpress.com
12) Lizzie, or lizziecracked as she is known, is a very funny lady who is, to say the least, extremely energetic and engaging, writes from the viewpoint of a person with bipolar characteristics, and is one of the strongest people I know, just for being able to deal with that facet of her life, and still retain her sense of perspective. Her blog is at http://runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com
So there you have it….now, the rules state that I’m supposed to also nominate a number of bloggers for the two awards. For this rule I am changing the paradigm. The twelve bloggers above have been an inspiration to me, encouraged me, and brought much sunshine into my world (much like Linda, Dolly, and greatpoetrymhf). Therefore, I am nominating each and every one of them for both the Sunshine Award, and the Inspirational Blogger Award. Congratulations all, you deserve it. Now it’s your turn…..
Once again, many thanks to the folks who prompted this posting, Linda, Dolly, and greatpoetrymhf, you make me proud, and humble….
Y’all take care out there…
Sometimes I sits and thinks,
I just sits.